Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world-Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Country Girl gone City Girl Musings

Upon traveling home for Thanksgiving, I realized that the kids and I haven't been to Missouri as a collective family in a year!!  That would make me a very bad daughter, sister, and friend. Being away from my roots made me realize how the city has taken ahold of this once country girl.

-My love for wearing high heels does not mix well with walking in gravel. 
-Everything is so relaxed there. You stop and enjoy things verses always being on the go. 
-Family is your life. It's not just your immediate family, but your Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.
-Your childhood friends are amazing. There is nothing like sharing with someone you've know for 30+years. 
-The country accent wants to come out. Ya'll, the twang, and the slowing and slurring of words was at the tip of my tongue. 
-My choice in music has changed. Or maybe it has been broadened? I discovered that not only do my girlfriends not know of Lamborghini Mercy, but they don't have a rap station in Springfield either. At least not to their knowledge. And it seems all I find on my scanning of stations is country. 
-You do alot of sitting in the car. I love the city for the mere fact that in 5 minutes you can be most anywhere! Country?? 20 minutes at a minimum. 
-Sweet Tea and Fried Food is everywhere!!!!

What do all these findings mean? Country- I love you, but City...I love you MORE! Yee Haw!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment